Saturday, June 30, 2012

Creative Chaos Challenge Reveal!

Okay :) We're here!



A while back I made up four kits of various objects that I offered up for grabs to three of you. It was the first step for the first Creative Chaos Design Challenge :)

And here we are... reveal day :)

Joining me in this little jaunt outside the normal are Shaiha of Shaiha's Ramblings , Alicia of All The Pretty Things , and Rochelle of A Creative Chelle .

A refresher of what the kits contained ;


The month kind of got away from me. I had some designs started, then things kept getting in the way and they got shoved aside. Then, when I pulled them back, I ended up discovering I'd forgotten my original idea... misplaced the design I had sketched out... and then when I got past that, I found mistake that had to be fixed >.<

My challenge was indeed challenging ... lol Or rather 'challenged' >.<

I didn't use all of my ingredients, but I ended up being able to use a bit of everything except the white shell pieces. I'm not loving some of them, and some need to be taken apart and have some things fixed.. in one case for no real reason, just that I noticed something that is now driving me nuts just knowing it's there >.< lol

So without further ado... here are my designs for the challenge.





The large blue shell pieces were combined with some fake pearls to make a pair of earrings.












 The washers were linked together to make a pair of earrings, and a bracelet. with a large lobster clasp to make it adjustable.







 Necklace with buried 'treasure'
This is the bottle, and the idea I had for the Skull blog hop a few weeks ago that the weather messed up on me. ( the red suede cord is only loose there due to the way the chain is laying... when worn, it's pulled even with the chain) .

 Here's a close up so you can see the skull partially buried in the sand. The sand is sealed 'mostly' in place so it doesn't shift around. There are a couple long rice pearls in there too to look like bones, but they didn't want to show up in the photos.



  This bugger was the first design.. the pendant was a lucky find after I had picked out the colors and started the chain.. it was in a mixed bag of beads and buttons I picked up for a buck and matched  nicely.. so I added it. This is the two creamy buttons, one of which is attached to the clasp.. that I made :D

It's also definitely getting redone.. again. I think I'll take the pendant off and shift the buttons around a bit...



  

See...I made that twisted wire hook and eye all by myself :) It was SUCH a pain in the ass to do, to, let me tell you >.<

 


 This is just a quick little choker that I need to add some weight into the front of... I think maybe a few little blue crystals or something....  either that or turn it into a wrap bracelet...




  ....and here is the last quick little bracelet... that I actually really like..I'm wearing it right now :)
 I took one of the white buttons and ran the cord through two of the holes, then looped it around and poked both ends up through the other two holes...


 

You pull the cords to loosen it enough to slip it on, then pull the two ends to tighten it again, then just tuck and wrap the ends. It is REALLY comfy... and simple.. and I like it :)






And that's it.  The last two were quickies I did just to use up some more of my stuff, and I took all of the photos this afternoon... thus the crappy lighting, sorry >.<

I can't wait to see what these same items were turned into by the others :)

Here are the link to the other participants :) Be sure to stop in and see what they made :)



And for those interested, the kits for the second Creative Chaos Design Challenge are all ready to go :) I'll be posting signs up some time this week :)  And July 6th is the new F.F. giveaway post for those wondering why it hasn't gone up yet ... it's the first Friday of the month ;)

~ Skye

6 comments:

  1. I love all of your pieces! The pendant with buttons is such a gorgeous idea! My treasure bottle ended up empty in my son's treasures - the beads were used :)
    Thanks for the opportunity to participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone that ran out of time, you sure came up with a lot of pieces. I love how we all come up with such different ideas though I was planning on using the buttons in a bracelet similar to yours and probably will when they resurface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's hard to believe you didn't use all the ingredients. The one with washers is so biker chic. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skull in the bottle is so much fun. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the washer bracelet..and those toothsaw washers are something I just discovered when I did your toolbox challenge-love 'em! I really love the wiring around those buttons...and the lil bottle with pirate booty- CUTzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps I want in on another challenge!!

    ReplyDelete